1. I don’t know what cankles are and I can’t be bothered to find out.
2. The only TV shows I watch are Veronica Mars, Sherlock and Breaking Bad.
3. I never wear high heels.
4. I’ve been a vegetarian for half my life.
5. I have watched every single James Bond movie ever made ever. This is my brother’s fault.
6. Super nerdy things I have done in the past: the national spelling bee; Reach for the Top (basically Jeopardy for high school kids); Yearbook club; working at the library all through high school.
7. If I were a meme, I would be the Socially Awkward Penguin.
(I have definitely done this before… first time I met my boss, I went in for the handshake with my left hand. He pointed out that it was the wrong hand and I said it was because he was holding something in his right hand. Smooooth.)
8. I can drive standard.
9. I used to have a blog about cheese.
10. Things I didn’t discover until university, and now can’t live without: 8tracks and grooveshark; coffee; Pinterest; Bulk Barn.
11. I want to get into epidemiology at some point.
12. I don’t drink.
13. List of cats I have had, in chronological order: Kitty, Minou, Tom Kitten, Tabby, Henry, Nicky, Pretzel, Climber, Edgar, Loki, Gatsby, Pandora, Hazel. My naming scheme became more creative as the years went on.
Hazel loves her Hugga Wubba.
Also I have a feeling I’m missing a few cats…
14. I went to my first concert this year (Dan Mangan). Now I’m addicted. (This is not counting all the classical music concerts/violin recitals/bagpipe events I’ve had to sit through in the past).
15. My dessert of choice is not pie, cake, or ice cream, but rather pudding. Chocolate pudding, rice pudding, bread pudding, butterscotch pudding with caramelized bananas… ah pure comfort.
16. I think Rookie magazine is literally the best thing ever.
17. Some people I admire very much: Paul Farmer, Tom Longboat, Jane Goodall, e.e. cummings, Zadie Smith, Alice Munro, and Mr. Reese (of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups fame).
18. The most embarrassing track on my iPod is “My Heart Will Go On” from Titanic. With dialogue from the movie.
19. As of today, my summer job is finished. Seven day weekend!